Removals Crew make an additional charge of £50 for Sunday moves.
The quotation assumes ease of access and parking adjacent to the house for loading / unloading.
A £50 additional charge is added for premises with difficulties or apartments above the ground floor.
Please inform us in advance of any heavy lifting required such as pianos and safes and any likely difficulties with a large removal vehicle so we may make provisions which may be chargeable.
Removals Crew do not disassemble or re-assemble any furniture or undertake any services such as the disconnection of a washing machine and/or lighting unless prior arrangement is made and quoted for.
Student discount can be used for student contents move only. No discount given for a fully furnished house move.
Waiting for keys at the new property may incur an additional charge.
We do not charge for the first 2 hours of waiting.
Each hour thereafter will incur a £50 per hour extra charge.
Standard Insurance (included for goods up to £15,000 in total value for each vehicle)
All items in the move with a value over £250 must be specified in advance.
Removals Crew insurance cover is extended to indemnify the insured against All Risks of loss or damage to household removals arising from any fortuitous cause during loading or unloading of the conveying vehicle or transit therein but excluding:
1-a) Loss or damage to food & drink, furs, jewellery, watches, precious metals and precious stones, deeds,bonds, bills, exchange, promissory notes, money or securities for money stamps of all kinds, manuscripts and other documents.
1-b) Loss or damage caused by or arising from wear, tear, gradual deterioration, mildew, moth, vermin, or any progress of cleaning, repairing or restoring.
1-c) Loss or damage to self-assembly furniture unless dismantled prior to the day of removal and paid for.
1-d) Mechanical or Electrical derangement unless caused by external means.
1-e) Breakage of owner- packed goods unless caused by a major accident to the means of conveyance.
1-f) Loss or damage occurring in premises where the goods are stored or warehoused, unless the cover is granted elsewhere in this policy.
2) In the event of loss or damage to any article forming a pair or set, the indemnity granted here under shall be limited to the proportionate value that that article bears to the total value of the pair or set and no additional depreciation shall be paid.
3) Provided always that if at the time of an event resulting in a claim under this extension the value of the goods shall exceed the amount stated in the policy schedule the Company will only be responsible for such proportion of the loss as the amount stated in the said schedule bears to the actual value of the goods.
4) It is a condition precedent to liability under this extension that the Insured person should obtain an inventory of value in respect of their goods, prepared prior to commencement of transit and signed by the owner of the goods.
5) Any discrepancies and complaints should be notified to the company in writing within 48 hours of the move.
6a) In the removals industry, limited liability is standard practice because the mover does not know the value of a customer’s goods.
6b) We encourage all our customers to take out insurance to cover themselves against losses greater than the limits set out in our terms and conditions and for risks where they have no rights of recourse against the removal contractor.
Please check your Home or Contents insurance policy as many home insurance company already cover you for all risks with regards to your removal.
7a) Removals Crew excludes liability for jewellery and other similar items.
7b) Removals Crew limits the company’s liability to £40 per item or box in the event of loss or damage caused as a result of our negligence.
7c) Removals Crew limits the company’s liability to £45 per premises in the event of damage to your premises.
7d) Removals Crew specifies the time limits for submitting claims for loss or damage.
7e) Removals Crew excludes liability for owner packed goods other than negligence.
7f) Jewellery, cash and other items should not be included for removal.
When packing you need to consider the following:
8a) Removals Crew is responsible for the loss or damage caused by its negligence. Goods may be damaged by other causes over which a removal contractor has no control.
8b) Secondly, our limit of liability is £40 per item or box and this will not be enough for some items.
If your move involves storage, this can be arranged.
What Type of Insurance Do I Require?
9a) Removals Crew recommends to all customers that they take out Full “All Risks” – insurance with their home insurance company or another insurer. This does not literally cover anything that may happen, but does include cover for damage by breakage, vehicle accidents, fire, storm and theft.
9b) If something is totally lost or destroyed you will be paid the new replacement value or the item will be replaced as new. If the item can be repaired, the insurers will arrange this if it is cheaper and gives a satisfactory result. Removals Crew, like many Removal Companies based in the UK limit claims to £40 per item or box as detailed within for loss only. An important fact for you to be aware of is that any items you pack yourself can only be covered for the total loss of the item. This is standard practice with almost all insurers.
10) Household contents insurance – If you have contents insurance with your own insurers, you will find that you would most likely be also covered for your removal. Therefore if our insurance did not cover something, your own insurance company could. best to check with them for your own peace of mind.
Claims Time Limit:
11) For goods delivered by Removals Crew, claims must be notified within 48 hours of delivery.
Insurers will refuse to pay claims if you do not adhere to these time limits.
Provision of service:
12) We will do our best to provide service to you by any date we have agreed with you but we do not guarantee to do so.
Mechanical and Electrical Items:
13) It is not possible for Removals Crew or insurers to check that electrical goods are working before a move takes place and insurers obviously have no responsibility for pre-existing damage.This means that insurers will only pay for mechanical and electrical breakdown or derangement if there is obviously damage to outer casings.
Packing your Goods:
14) Insurers will not pay for the loss or damage to goods packed by the customers, only if there is total loss of a consignment.
15) Your Removal Quotation letter is valid for a minimum period of 3 months.
16) Part load deliveries will be shipped to the final destination warehouse at our convenience
17) Removals Crew accept cash only on the day of the move for obvious reasons.
If you wish to pay the balance by cheque, we must receive the full balance at least 10 days before the date of your move or 7 days by PayPal or Bank Transfer. (You will be charged 3.4% fee on PayPal payments.)
Charges if you postpone or cancel the removal:
18) If you postpone or cancel this contract, we may charge according to how much notice is given.
18a) More than 7 days before the removal was due to start; NIL
18b) Less than 7 days, but more than 3 days before the removal was due to start; 30% of the removal charge.
18c) Less than 3 days before the removal was due to start; 60% of the removal charge.
18d) On the day before the move 100% of the removal charge.